Monday, August 30, 2010

365 Cards - Digging Deep


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

A rainy day here in Oregon, very very unusual for August, and very refreshing !

365 Cards has my good friend Kristina as a guest designer today, and wow, she really came up with the most amazingly beautiful card I have seen in a very long time. Check it out !!!

The theme today is using things that are old. The requirements are :

An item (not paper) that is at least 6 months old
2 sheets of patterned paper that you've never used
An embellishment that you've had for more than a year
A stamp that you've never used but you've had for at least a year


Now, this is kinda hard for those of us who are so new to this - I never owned a stamp a year ago ! (Unless we count postage stamps, and I do have a small supply of 39 cent ones left...) However, the ribbon is ancient, the papers I have never used before, and the flowers have been around for quite a while. And, I never have used these two stamps before ... So, I am forced to my rebellious side only out of necessity !

Don't think I have ever sent a fall card (or even a Halloween one) in my life, but gosh, the colors are just amazing. There is a lot of glittery crapola on there, since I think of bright sunshine on fall leaves, (we do have one or two days a year like that here), and, well, it was a chance to do something I have never done before. Who doesn't like that !!

In the "spirit" of the fall and Halloween days to come, I have added a pic of my Spencer, he is watching a scary Scooby-Doo with his hands over his ears. Notice his little Dennis the Menace cowlick - not for nothin' that little cowlick, nope.


♥♥♥♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. A mi hija pequeña tambien le da miedo Scooby pero no aparta los ojos de la pantalla del televisor,jeje.

    La tarjeta es preciosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so very pretty. :) I love the vintage the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is an autumn card allright! The shades are similar to our hydrangeas in the garden right now. Love your card and what a cute picture of Spencer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love the colors & all of the embellies :>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Jan, just love the colors! Oh, and I really like that gold leaf. Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments, I'm glad you liked it!

    Spencer is just TOO cute, my son has a double cowlick..I say it's from where I had his horns removed..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL forced into rebelling??? you crack me up!!! fantastic card girl :) Spencer looks like a little angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey me darlin'. It's no secret that you get my vote this week. Love that "technique" card. So pretty! I keep looking at it to see if I could count all the messy techniques you used!

    Spenser reminds me of my oldest at that age. He never covered his EYES....always coverd his EARS!

    ReplyDelete