Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Papercraft Star 7

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

Papercraft Star Challenge 7 opens today, with this inspirational photo. It looks like a baby's car seat to me, what do you think...






I like to do a lot of black and white, with a different "sparkle" color thrown in. AND, since it was in the photo, that color today is two shades of yellow.

Submissions for challenge 7 close on Saturday 8/7/10, and voting closes 8/9/10. If you are not going to submit a layout or card, be sure to head on over to Papercraft Star and vote for your favorite. It is a wonderful show of respect and support for your fellow artist. AND, while you are there, be sure to check out the forum - lots of discussions, and very interesting too.

And now, for the fine print...

Details:
Paper : checked (K & Co), yellow flowers ( Debbie Mumm) and black swirls (Recollections.)
Brads : Making Memories
String : Older than most of my readers
Star : Die cut from an old pkg, history unknown
Punch : EK
Sentiment : Heidi Grace

If I forgot something, please ask !

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a yellow lover but the yellow and black really work well together. Love the punched edges and the texture on the star. Cute buttons too Jan, and the background and the twine. Oh good grief! I just like the whole thing! :) Great card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one, not least because I love the border punch treatment. I have this punch, and am going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this color combo! Great embossing and border punches.

    (ppsstttt.....it's a stroller..but there is a matching seat)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan! I love the color combo and the border punch!! Great work!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love how you made the punches edges alternating! Adds a little something extra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a stroller to me lol
    how cute is this card?! love the star, buttons, edges, ok everything :)

    i am waaaaay behind in my google reader, can you tell?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW, Jan, this is fabulous! LOVE all the texture and details in this bright and happy card!

    And I'm still LOL'ing about the comment you left on my blog. Sadly, it's funny 'cuz it's true! I think the same way and do it too. There's really no hope for us ...

    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't this look absolutely wonderful! Love the colour combo AND the fab punches you used. You did a very precise job with it! Lots of creative greetings, ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan, I am so loving how this project came together. Your color combination and all the little details that you took the time to add really make this a fabulous card. I look forward to seeing your work every week. Your projects always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete