Thursday, October 17, 2013

Guest at A Mixed Media Color Challenge


♥♥♥♥♥

For the next two weeks, the Papercraft Star Design Team and I will be featured at A Mixed Media Color Challenge !!

This is actually my 4th attempt at Mixed Media, and this time I think I kinda got it.  At least a lot closer than I have been, lol.

Here are the colors for this week's challenge


I tried to stay as coral as possible.  I think I may have tipped over a bit into pink, but short of doctoring my picture, I am going to leave it as is.


I used paint, chalk, distress ink, regular ink, gesso, spray, and correction tape.  I included some old little pieces of something pretty I had around.  Had a wonderful time making this, it was really fun, but what a mess when I was done !


The flower behind is actually a sticker, and the one in front is a regular flower that has been gessoed.  The heart is a button.


I kept the end threads uncut and outside the frame, and added a couple of knots and a bead. On the bottom I have some washi tape, and correction tape.


 More correction tape, a pretty embossed piece of paper, more washi tape, and some button brads.


The stamped clock is one of Mona Pendleton's creations for My Favorite Things.  The package comes with several clocks, and she also has dies to go with them.  So so classy.

If you haven't tried Mixed Media yet, I suggest you give it a try and join us the next two weeks at A Mixed Media Color Challenge.  It is not as hard as it looks !

♥♥♥♥♥


6 comments:

  1. Oh my Jan! What a fabulous project! Your background is so pretty and I love all the beautiful blossoms! Your fancy colorful stitching adds a great touch! Thank you very much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jan this is really fabulous ... You ought to do more of this colour ... You do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely textures with buttons, flowers and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely say you have got it for sure! LOVE all of your layers and the threads you left hanging! Love the flowers and the clock and for sure your FAB sentiment! Super creation, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say all the practice has paid off because this is a beautiful mixed media project! Great job in using correction tape I would have never thought to do that.
    Hugs,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!! Your color is GORGEOUS! I love all the soft romantic embellishments! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete