Monday, May 19, 2014

Chocolate stains


♥♥♥♥♥

One of the fun things about Monday, and I know there aren't a lot of them ...
is that I always have a fresh Spencer story.

But first, this card was made for two challenges ...

Color Challenge


and this sketch challenge at



Here is my card ...


Yesterday I was reading to Spencer a book about Lemony Snicket and his
"detective" cases ...

and there was an English word I knew he wouldn't be familiar with.
So, I stopped reading, and gave him an American version of the word.

Then I said
When I was a little girl living in Canada, we used different words too.  Like, we said "dust bin" instead of "garbage can".

And he said
When I was a little boy living in France, we used different words too.  Like, we said

But I tickled him so we will never know what those words were.

He has always had a preoccupation with France, and the Eiffel Tower.  He says he is going to go to France so he can see it !!

Ooo La La
6 year old boys are a riot.

♥♥♥♥♥


9 comments:

  1. very cute card and cute story, thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story and very pretty card! Thanks for sharing! Love how you used the challenge colors! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card. I love all the layers on your medallion! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan....your card is beautiful! Great medallion! Love reading your blog too! Love little kid stories! Also, kudos to you for reading to your child! Not enough of that these days! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Jan! I love the scalloped trim and layered medallion. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those layers look great, as does that wonderful medallion in the centre. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great detail on your card! Great colors and sketch looks beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Love all the textures with the twine, ribbon & pearl. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty I like the addition of the pearl. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete